Monday 9 November 2015

Bees, Guest blogger on Eight Acres, the blog.








Today is an exciting day for me. 
I've been reading and enjoying Eight Acres blog for approximately the past year.
Farmer Liz writes about Farming and Homesteading in a down to earth, Queensland kind of way....... because she's a Queenslander.  
She's a no nonsense, environmentally aware and sustainable living young woman who writes about things that interest me and I admire her values and attitude to life.
I think, if ever we met, we would get along like a house on fire and could probably spend hours talking about our animals and the stuff we do on our farms and our attitudes to things in general.
My daughter Lizzie says, "Mum, her blog is so like you, she could be your twin".
Well today I'm mighty chuffed to be featured in her blog by way of a Question and Answer about some of our methods of bee keeping.
Here is the link if you want to have a read. 
 http://eight-acres.blogspot.com/2015/11/getting-started-with-beekeeping-sally.html



 

4 comments:

  1. yes I think we would get on really well! And I would have LOTS more questions for you... thanks so much for being a guest today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz for having me on your blog. It was such a pleasure and if you have more questions I would be happy to pass them onto Brian. Happy bee keeping :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really informative post, Sally! Though I have a Top Bar Hive, I enjoy reading about other methods and how other beekeepers ply their trade. It's always a good idea to learn as much as possible, I believe. I found your blog thanks to Liz of Eight Acres and her getting started with beekeeping series. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. I've just had a look at your blog and love your posts about your bee keeping learning curve. It was interesting to read about the verroa mites and their preferences for larger bees. Fortunately, we don't have those pesky little critters here in Australia... yet!! Cheers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...