Monday 17 October 2016

More Pictures of Walhalla


I was so impressed with our visit to Walhalla last week and wished we could have stayed there longer. Gale force winds of 120kms per hour were forecast  for the afternoon, so as soon as the wind started to blow, we headed off down the narrow and winding forest road to safety.

 
My sister Rosemary and that amazing Waratah tree behind her.


A story book village, with the proverbial babbling brook.



Immaculately maintained cottages and gardens.

We left in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get any photos of the quaint little shops and cafes in the Main street.
The wind was starting to blow when I walked through on my way to begin the walking trail, and every shop owner greeted me with a friendly "Hello".
There are lots of B&B's there, so maybe we will spend a couple of days next time. 
Walhalla will definitely be at the top of my list of places to visit next time I'm in Victoria.

Have you been to Walhalla?  I'd love to hear about your experience there.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. No I haven't been to Walhalla Sally, but after looking at your photos I would definitely love a short holiday there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, definitely my kind of place. It's a shame you were chased away by the threatening wind :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it looks so picture perfect! What a beautiful place.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sally you will probably get a laugh out of this. I read your post as Valhalla (Enormous Hall in Asgard ruled over by Odin) and then I read it again and realised my mistake :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what to came to my mind too Merryl. I'm not sure what the connection is, but some of the signposts were spelt with a V.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...