Wednesday 2 December 2015

Happy Holiday Mulga Bill



Rescue dog Alan is a super chilled character.  One minute playing dead while stretching in the sun, and next minute giving me the big eyed pleading to please come inside.

 Bye bye Mulga Bill, see you in March. 

Not much time to sit today. What's new?
We got the phone call this morning from the farmer in the Adelaide Hills to tell us he's ready for the bull. So this being the last reasonably cool day for a week or so coming, we loaded him up and I waved him goodbye.
Friends are arriving from Queensland this afternoon to stay with us for a few days so I didn't have time to go with Brian to check out his holiday home.
I've vacuumed the floors, wiped some dust and swept as many cobwebs as I could. Now cooking and baking so I don't have to spend too much time in the kitchen over the next days.

 I want to be sitting around this table chatting and catching up with our guests with not too much time spent behind that bench and at the sink.



There are bound to be lots of cups of tea drank on this verandah over the next few days.
Thanks for dropping by to Jembella Farm today. See you again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful country cottage! What a welcoming, friendly space.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How refreshing to see a house full of loved and cherished
    things and not a minimalist box! Sometimes I feel like I'm the
    only person who wants to hang one to possessions that mean
    something to me. Your hallway is almost identical to ours -
    even down to the rug on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love looking at peoples bibs and bobs and odd and ends, much more interesting than gift shop paraphernalia!

      Delete
  3. omg i love your kitchen! if i was visiting i would want to help cook in there :)) it's very warm & inviting, love the old wood table & chairs, you have an adorable home!
    enjoy your visitors, we'll see you after
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your kitchen is lovely! Oh, those high ceilings are magnificent too! More hot weather on the way, yuck, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally, thanks for sharing these photos! I've been looking for kitchen inspiration and I really love what you've done there. I'll be showing the trailer to Pete as we need something like that for transporting a few animals at a time. AND your dog Alan is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all of these wonderful comments. Ladies, we obviously share our taste in kitchens and I thank you for being so kind, but there a many who enter and I can see they are not comfortable with this kind of room with all of its clutter. Each to our own I guess, but I feel uncomfortable in the sterile bare kitchens that appear to be popular these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a totally beautiful, comfy lived in home. The only way to live, why would you want anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brigie and thanks for your delightful comment. XX

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...